When little crumbs appear at home, caring owners wonder when to start feeding kittens and what. And the sooner you think about it, the better for the little ones. So up to 3 weeks, you can not worry about their condition, do not give additional complementary foods. But an important component will be feeding the mother of the cat, she must receive adequate nutrition.
When to start feeding kittens and how – where to start?
But from the age of three weeks, you can think about the fact that you will have to start feeding the crumbs. The question of when and how to feed kittens is controversial. But many believe that it is at this age that it is better to start introducing other foods into their diet, giving something other than breast milk.
Teaching the crumbs to chew is a good solution, for this you can use raw beef. For a start, one procedure will be enough, but on the second day, feeding can be scheduled for the morning and evening. It is quite important that the little ones understand exactly what you are trying to achieve from them.
On the fourth day, you can increase the number of feedings, as well as the size of the meat. Practice shows that if you feed in this way, then on the fifth day the kitten will begin to work on the piece itself. If you manage to arouse the necessary interest, then by the age of one month the crumbs will understand what their happiness is.
Meat contains protein that may be lacking in a young body. Some are of the opinion that the baby himself will determine when he should eat meat food, but this is not true. Please note that if a special feed is given along with milk, then it is not necessary to drive meat complementary foods.
What should you pay attention to?
Then you can give both milk and cottage cheese, but you need to observe some nuances:
- Each product can only be administered the next day after the previous one.
- It is important to make sure that the crumbs are not allergic to a certain product.
- Also, crumbs may have an intolerance to a certain type of food, this is usually expressed in diarrhea.
- It is important to start feeding while the cat has milk, because if necessary, it can eliminate any malaise.
- Remember that you should not give minced meat to the crumbs, as it is necessary for the pet to learn how to digest food. This applies to industrial minced meat. If you are afraid that the crumb will not cope with a piece of meat, then it is worth scraping up the frozen meat, so it will be easier for the kitten to eat it.
- Canned food is not an ideal solution for a baby, it is better to start giving them at an older age.
- Chicken should not be started with complementary foods, as it is much easier to digest. Veterinarians advise to introduce chicken only when the crumb digests the meat well.
- Eggs should be given along with meat.
- Among fermented milk products for crumbs, the ideal solution is cottage cheese, which contains a lot of vitamins.
When to start feeding kittens – why exactly a month?
You can start feeding at any time, but it is in the month that they begin to lack milk. Therefore, it is worth giving additional food, while the lactating person should be benevolent. Before feeding, you can try to play with the baby in order to win him over.
Important!!! correctly determine when to start feeding kittens, since it is in the process of introducing complementary foods that the basic skills of a quadruple are formed. You will teach him to eat independently, he will receive the necessary knowledge.
About the main product – when to start feeding kittens and what
You can introduce into the diet of babies and their usual milk, even if it is not as saturated as mom s. And experts are of the opinion that crumbs should be drunk with a mixture that is created from fresh milk and special vitamin supplements. You can replace supplements with the usual egg white, since it contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients. It is allowed to use goat s and cow s milk, it is considered very useful fresh.
But you need to understand that for each feeding it is better to prepare a new fresh mixture, otherwise the food can negatively affect the state of the crumb. It is also important that the baby does not get scalded, because the food should not be hot, the optimal temperature is considered to be no more than 38 degrees. In a specialty store, you can pick up special feed mixtures, but it is important to read the instructions that tell you when to feed kittens.
It is important to properly organize the feeding process itself, it is worth preparing for the first feeding. It is necessary to decide exactly where the four-legged will have a place where he can eat. Over time, the baby will remember exactly where his bowl is, where he should eat. It is important that at the age of a month the baby learns to eat from a bowl. Provide the baby with free access to this place and try to keep it clean.
Complementary feeding of kittens is a responsible occupation, since the young body of the animal is not yet adapted to normal food. You need to use the basic rules.