What are pet toys for? Dog toys are an integral part of your dog’s leisure time and development. It is important to know how to choose toys for your dogs. In the event that the owner does not provide his pet with the necessary items for leisure, then the dog will get to other, more valuable things. When playing with specialized items, the dog will not damage furniture and shoes.
With the help of toys, dogs develop the characteristics of their breed and satisfy their own needs.
Toys are needed so that your pet directs energy in the right direction. It is widely believed that toys are only needed for puppies or teenagers. Adult dogs are as interested in toys as young ones. The more complex the structure of the object, the more time it will be of interest to her. When choosing a toy, you need to think not only about the possible interest of the animal, but also you should not forget about its safety.
IMPORTANT!!! If you have children, make sure that the dog does not chew on their toys. Children’s toys often contain small parts that can injure the dog if they enter the gastrointestinal tract.
Types of toys
Going into a specialized store for a new toy for your pet, our eyes run up from a huge selection in this category of goods.
They all fall into several categories:
- Chewable – they will be interesting and useful for dogs of all breeds and sizes. Toys of this type serve not only as entertainment, but also as a means of hygiene. They clean teeth and gums, and also have a positive effect on the dog’s bite.
- Stuffed Toys – they cause love in dogs in the same way as in humans. Pets often sleep with them for greater comfort. Also, our pets will not deny themselves the pleasure of patting a toy from time to time or simply shaking it in their teeth. Never leave your dog alone with a soft toy. Pet safety comes first
- Rope toys – while playing tugs, the dog develops grip skills and powerfully releases the accumulated energy. This type of activity strengthens the muscles and limbs of the pet.
- Applying toys – it is important that the objects that the dog runs after are of a suitable size for it. She can swallow a toy that is too small or simply not notice, and it will be quite problematic to keep a large toy in her mouth and return it to the owner.
- Frisbee – This type of play is best practiced when the dog is already fully formed, in order to avoid injuries while jumping or running. It is important to choose a frisbee plate that is suitable for your dog in size.
- Treat toys – are intended for the mental development of the dog and for the improvement of its instinctive characteristics. There is a huge variety of similar entertainment in a specialty store. Educational toys can also be made with your own hands at home.
- Balls Is the most popular type of entertainment. In stores, you can find modernized variations of the familiar toy.
- Toys made of extra durable materials – bought for puppies and dogs, ready to gnaw everything that fell on their eyes.
If your puppy chews on everything that comes into his field of vision, it means that he is passing the period of changing teeth. He must have at his disposal a toy made of especially durable materials. It can be latex or molded rubber.
Attention! Under no circumstances should your dog chew on your old shoes or clothes. Our favorites do not understand the novelty of things. They will decide that they have absolute access to our belongings and will constantly spoil them.
Features of the choice of toys
When purchasing toys for your dogs, you need to consider two factors: the age and breed of the animal. If your pet is still very small, then it is better to give him a choice of several different types of toys. This will help you and him determine your preferences in fun. An equally important point is the condition of the dog’s gums and teeth. For puppies and older pets, toys made of rubber and similar materials that are gentle to the oral cavity are preferable. For older dogs, it is worth choosing a harder trainer that requires different types of effort.
Note! When choosing toys for pets, one of the most important factors influencing the purchase should be the quality and material from which it is made. Such things should be made of hypoallergenic materials that do not contain dyes and fragrances.
For dogs large breeds it is necessary to choose massive toys, but not too large in relation to the size of the animal. He must see the object and be able to hold it in his mouth. Small dogs are not interested in large toys. At the same time, they are strictly prohibited from buying toys used to play with cats. Such items are more fragile and the pet can be injured by their fragments.
How to spend time walking your dog
Walking and playing with your favorite pets should bring pleasure to them, as well as to us. A simple walk down the street is not stressful enough for most dogs. The owner must be able to understand his dog and his needs. At the same time, just letting the dog off the leash and sending it to run thoughtlessly, not directing the energy in the right direction, is not the most logical thing to do.
There are several simple rules for games, following which, your animal will develop physically and mentally:
- you need to play with the dog when it is absolutely healthy and its mood is conducive to play
- for active entertainment, it is best to choose places that are already familiar to the pet. So he will feel more comfortable without being distracted by unfamiliar smells.
- be sure to select objects for the game that match the size of the dog
- do not leave the dog alone with those toys that are intended for joint play with the owner. So she will rather lose interest in the game or stop giving you the object on command.
- during and after the game, be sure to encourage your favorites.
Remember that no toy of this world can replace the simple warmth and attention of the owner for dogs. Be considerate and patient with them. We, too, do not always succeed in perfect the first time.
Pay attention to your favorites and you will see that they will respond with boundless love and loyalty.