What are pet toys for? Toys for a dog are an integral part of its leisure and development. It is important to know how to choose toys for dogs. In the event that the owner does not provide his pet with the necessary items for leisure, the dog will get to other, more valuable things. While playing with specialized items, the dog will not spoil furniture and shoes.
With the help of toys, dogs develop the characteristics of their breed and satisfy their own needs.
Toys are needed so that your pet directs energy in the right direction. It is a common misconception that toys are only for puppies or teenagers. Adult dogs are just as interested in toys as young ones. The more complex the structure of the object, the more time it will be of interest to her. When choosing a toy, you need to think not only about the possible interest of the animal, but you should also not forget about its safety.
IMPORTANT!!! If you have children, then make sure that the dog does not chew on their toys. Children’s toys often contain small parts that, if ingested in the dog’s gastrointestinal tract, can injure him.
Types of toys
Entering a specialized store for a new toy for your pet, our eyes widen from the huge selection in this category of goods.
All of them fall into several categories:
- Chewable – they will be interesting and useful to dogs of all breeds and sizes. Toys of this type serve not only as entertainment, but also as a means of hygiene. They clean the teeth and gums, and also have a positive effect on the dog’s bite.
- Stuffed Toys “They evoke love in dogs just as much as they do in humans. Pets often sleep with them for greater comfort. Also, our pets will not deny themselves the pleasure of rubbing a toy from time to time or just dragging it in their teeth. Never leave your dog alone with a soft toy. Pet safety is paramount
- rope toys – while playing tug, the dog develops grasping skills and powerfully releases the accumulated energy. This type of activity strengthens the muscles and limbs of the pet.
- Toys for retrieval – it is important that the objects that the dog runs after are of the right size for him. She can swallow or simply not notice a toy that is too small, and it will be quite problematic to keep a large one in her mouth and return it to the owner.
- frisbee – this type of play is best practiced when the dog is already fully formed, in order to avoid injury while jumping or running. It is important to choose a Frisbee plate that is the right size for your dog.
- Treat toys – designed for the mental development of the dog and for the improvement of its instinctive features. There is a huge variety of such entertainment in the specialty store. Educational toys can also be made with your own hands at home.
- balls is the most popular form of entertainment. In stores you can find modernized variations of the familiar toy.
- Toys made of extra strong materials – buy for puppies and dogs, ready to gnaw everything that their eyes fell on.
If your puppy chews on everything that falls into his field of vision, it means that he is undergoing a period of teeth change. At his disposal must be a toy made of especially durable materials. It can be latex or molded rubber.
Attention! Under no circumstances should you let your dog chew on your old shoes or clothes. Our favorites do not understand the novelty of things. They will think that they have absolute access to our things and will constantly spoil them.
Features of the choice of toys
When purchasing toys for your dogs, you need to consider two factors: the age and breed of the animal. If your pet is still very small, then it is better to give him a choice of several different types of toys. This will help you and him to determine preferences in fun. An equally important point is the condition of the gums and teeth of the dog. For puppies and older pets, toys made of rubber and similar materials that are gentle on the mouth are preferable. For adult dogs, it is worth choosing harder trainers that require different types of effort.
Note! When choosing toys for pets, one of the most important factors influencing the purchase should be the quality and material from which it is made. Such things should be made from hypoallergenic materials that do not contain dyes and flavors.
For dogs large breeds it is necessary to choose massive toys, but not too large relative to the size of the animal. He must see the object and be able to hold it in his mouth. Small dogs are not interested in large toys. At the same time, they are strictly forbidden to buy toys used for playing with cats. Such items are more fragile and the pet can be injured by their fragments.
How to spend time walking your dog
Walking and playing with your beloved pets should bring pleasure to them, as well as to us. A simple walk down the street is not enough exercise for most dogs. The owner must be able to understand his dog and its needs. At the same time, just letting the dog off the leash and sending it to run mindlessly, not directing energy in the right direction, is not the most logical act.
There are several simple rules for games, following which, your animal will develop physically and mentally:
- you need to play with the dog when it is absolutely healthy and its mood is conducive to games
- for active entertainment, it is best to choose places already familiar to the pet. So he will feel more comfortable, without being distracted by unfamiliar smells.
- be sure to select objects for the game that correspond to the size of the dog
- do not leave the dog alone with those toys that are intended for joint games with the owner. So she will rather lose interest in the game or stop giving you the object on command.
- during and at the end of the game, be sure to encourage your pets.
Remember that not a single toy in this world can replace the simple warmth and attention of the owner for dogs. Be careful and patient with them. After all, not everything always turns out perfectly the first time.
Pay attention to your pets and you will see that they will respond with boundless love and loyalty.