Purina One for cats – customer reviews and veterinarians with tips on choosing the right feeding dose
The Purina Van food palette is highly represented in all supermarkets and specialty stores, is available and is one of the best in economy class.
However, in terms of composition, it is between economy and premium class, because this line is actually the only one that uses high-quality proteins in its composition, although in smaller quantities than in premium food.
Review the content
- Purine One composition of food
- Purina One Advantages and Disadvantages
- Where to buy
- Reviews and contraindications
- Photo of Purina One cat food
Purine One composition of food
In order to completely disassemble Purina ONE dry cat food, you must first consider the composition of this food in detail.
It is worth noting that the line represents a large number of species species, so the composition is taken as an average.
- 15% salmon
- 15% wheat
- Dry poultry protein
- Corn gluten
- Soy flour
- Whole corn
- Animal fat
- Dried beet porridge
- Dried chicory root 2%
- Dry type fish proteins
It should be noted that the position of natural animal proteins is at the very beginning of the composition, which is quite rare for economy class food.
For that reason, Purina Van actually occupies a middle position between economy and premium class. In addition to salmon protein, dry extracts of animal protein from fish and poultry are also present.
Wheat is a source of carbohydrates in the composition, corn complements the whole diet. Soy flour and wheat and corn gluten are used as vegetable proteins. In addition to all this, the diet contains minerals and vitamins in the form of a whole complex.
Purina One Advantages and Disadvantages
The composition of Purina ONE food is good enough for its class, let s look at the advantages and disadvantages of such pet food. Among the pros:
- Widespread throughout the country, it is easy to find in almost every supermarket
- Low price
- Good composition which, in addition to by-products, includes natural animal proteins, which distinguishes the brand from other economy class feeds
- High in plant proteins
- Low quality of raw materials used in the production of animal feed
- A small amount of vitamins (when you use this food, you have to buy extra vitamins)
- As part of an undiscovered unit of antioxidants and types of aromatic additives
In the photo of Purine Van cat food you can see that the brand represents a wide selection of a large number of varieties. There is food for kittens, adult cats and cats, for pregnant cats.
Also for neutered pets, there is a separate line that helps improve digestion and gastrointestinal tract function.
- Purine Van for neutered cats should only be used if the treating doctor has approved its use for a pet.
- The catâ€™s body needs to recover after surgery, the immune system is weakened so you canâ€™t experiment with specialized food on your own.
- Only after analysis and consultation with the attending veterinarian.
Where to buy
As mentioned above, the brand of this food is widely represented in almost all supermarkets in the country. However, in ordinary stores you can only buy classic lines, for kittens and adult cats you can rarely find food for neutered cats and to improve the digestive tract. Both liquid and dry food of this brand are presented in supermarkets.
It is worth noting that the price of this food in supermarkets and specialty stores varies slightly.
First of all, because in special stores the conditions for storing pet food meals are carefully observed, while in supermarkets this is not monitored and the food could spoil.
In addition, there are significantly more dietary variations, allowing you to diversify your petâ€™s diet as well as seek advice from vendors on proper feeding with a particular type of food.
- The cost of packaging dry food in 200 g costs 90 rubles, in 750 g costs 270 rubles, in 1.5 kg costs 440 rubles.
- Bags of liquid food of 75 g cost from 30 to 40 rubles per piece.
Reviews and contraindications
Reviews of Purine Van cat food are very controversial. This is primarily due to the fact that different breeds and age categories of cats react to this food in different ways.
Remember that the share of protein products in food is 35%, which is unacceptable for a constant diet, since the lack of animal protein in the diet has a very negative effect on the body.
- At the same time, the composition of the feed of the Purina ONE brand raises significantly fewer questions than the composition of the feed of other economy class brands.
- The manufacturer justifies and explains almost all attitudes, except antioxidants and flavors.
- Before you constantly think about using this food, you should consult your veterinarian.
- They will determine a particular brand of food that will suit a particular pet.
- Preferences depend on the characteristics of the organism of a particular breed; in some the gastrointestinal tract works worse and requires better nutrition.
Most cat owners do not recommend regular use of this food because it does not contain sufficient amounts of all the essential trace elements, vitamins and minerals.
However, as a temporary option, this is the best economy class brand that can be found freely, in fact, in the nearest store.
The recommended dosage for different categories of pets is written on the back of each food package of this brand. You must follow this recommendation to avoid overfeeding. However, if there are veterinarian recommendations, you should just follow them.
If you find a change in your petâ€™s behavior after you start feeding this brand, you need to temporarily exclude him from the diet, as some breeds may react negatively to this brandâ€™s food.
Photo of Purina One cat food