Very often, people who have a puppy are faced with one problem: the dog begins to gnaw everything.
The pet begins to spoil furniture, clothing and interior items. But why does the puppy do this? Let’s figure it out.
Why does the puppy chew on furniture and other things? Solution of problems
To disaccustom your puppy to gnaw everything, you need to find out why he is doing it.
- The puppy is bored and has nothing to do, so he may chew on objects in the house to be noticed.
Solution to the problem: pay as much attention to your pet as possible, play with it and walk more. Small pets need regular affection and care. Don’t forget about it…
- The pet has health problems and is looking for vitamins for itself.
Solution to the problem: when a dog lacks vitamins, he tries to get them on his own. Therefore, the dog can gnaw furniture and other objects. In order for the dog to stop spoiling objects in the house, he must be taken to the vet and choose the right diet.
- The owners pay too little attention to the puppy, and he is afraid of loneliness.
Solution to the problem: there are situations when people buy a dog and do not care about him at all. In this case, the pet can chew on everything in the house. He does this not because of harm, but because he is afraid of loneliness and he finds himself in a stressful situation.
- The dog can gnaw furniture by natural instincts.
Solution to the problem: take your pet outside more often so that it can frolic, run and nibble whatever it wants.
- The puppy’s teeth begin to cut and he scratches his gums.
Solution to the problem: in the period when the pet’s teeth begin to erupt, purchase special rubber toys for him. Then, the puppy will not spoil furniture and other objects.
A few tips for raising a puppy:
- When your pet plays with its toys, give it praise and treat it.
- If your puppy is chewing on furniture, distract him with some loud sound. The pet will understand that he is doing something wrong and will definitely stop spoiling things.
- Do not yell at the puppy if he does not listen to you, this can offend the pet.
If you have a puppy, then do not forget that how you raise him – so he will grow up. When raising a dog, it is very important to train it correctly. If an animal listens to its owner, it means that it is properly brought up, and if not, then this can lead to numerous problems.