The most beloved pets are dogs. Today, four-legged dogs live in almost every family. For a pet to be always healthy, it must be properly fed, especially at a puppy age. After all, it is in small puppies that immunity is laid, and all internal organs are formed.
Pet’s daily diet
Very often, people who want to have a dog think about the question: “What to feed the pet?” And rightly so, because proper nutrition of a dog is the key to a long and happy life of a pet.
Dog feeding rules:
- Food intended for large breed puppies should be richer than for smaller puppies.
- Puppies between 1 and 2 months of age should be fed every 3 hours.
- A four month old puppy should eat up to 6 times a day.
- A puppy at the age of 6 months should eat 4 times a day.
- Puppy at 7-8 months – 3 times a day.
- Starting from 9 months of age, the pet should be transferred to two meals a day.
- Pet portions should be appropriate for the size of the puppy.
- The older the puppy gets, the larger his portion should be.
- In no case should you feed a small puppy (up to 3 months old) with dry food.
How to feed your puppy?
A dog is a predator, so meat and fish products are vital for it. However, the pet’s diet should be varied, therefore, it is not recommended to feed the animal only with meat and fish.
The main foods you can feed your dogs:
- Boiled or frozen beef;
- Beef tripe;
- Boiled liver (with the exception of pork);
- Boiled lungs (with the exception of pork lungs);
- Boiled poultry (necessarily without bones);
- Ocean fish (in any form);
- Rice and buckwheat porridge;
- Dry food of premium brands;
- Good canned food for dogs;
- Low-fat meat broths;
- Boiled vegetables.
When you start introducing your puppy the first complementary food, you need to add one new product per day.
Foods that are forbidden to feed dogs:
- Fatty meats;
- Fruits and vegetables with a high glucose content;
- Tubular bones;
- Flour products.
If, after the next meal, the puppy develops diarrhea or vomiting, you must immediately take the pet to the veterinary clinic.
Do not forget that your pet’s diet should be varied, healthy and tasty. The dog should receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals. If the dog does not get enough vitamins, then he needs to be given special vitamin supplements for dogs.
Proper nutrition of your dog is the key to longevity and good health of your pet.