A small fluffy kitten is a great joy in the house. The pet gives all family members its affection and love every day. But in order for the kitten to be comfortable, it is necessary to learn how to properly care for him.
Here you will find basic tips for caring for a kitten at home.
How to meet a kitten?
It is necessary to prepare for the appearance of a kitten in advance. For the baby, you should purchase the necessary things for personal hygiene and leisure.
- The litter box is the first thing a pet owner should buy. After all, the pet should be taught to the toilet from the very first day. To help your baby find his tray quickly, you can place it next to the food bowl. There are several types of toilets for cats:
- Euro-toilet (closed) is the most expensive type of toilet. But, despite this, it is very aesthetic and is always liked by cats.
- Open with a lattice – such a toilet must be purchased for those pets whom you plan to train to a litter box.
- An open litter box is a toilet that is designed to be used with litter. This type of toilet is the most common.
How to feed a kitten. Allowed and Prohibited Products
Nutrition is the basis of a pet s life, so it must be correct and balanced. If you feed your kitten correctly, it will live a long and happy life.
List of allowed foods for a kitten:
- Frozen or boiled beef;
- Boiled chicken;
- Chicken or beef offal;
- Egg yolk (no more than two per week);
- Milk porridge;
- Sour milk products with low fat content;
- Cereal porridge;
- Ready-made food for kittens.
List of prohibited foods for kittens:
- Chicken and fish bones;
- Pork, goose, duck;
- Sausage, salted and smoked products;
- Cow s milk;
- Egg white;
- Salt and spices.
All kitten food should be at room temperature.
Caring for a kitten is troublesome, but very interesting. In order for a pet to grow up as a beautiful and happy cat, it must be loved and properly raised.