Among all domestic animals, cats and dogs are in the lead. The first option is suitable for lazy and busy people who do not have time to walk. Dogs, on the contrary, are chosen by active people who like to do morning runs and spend a lot of time in the fresh air. Both cats and dogs help relieve stress and nervous tension, relax and unwind at the end of the day. They give positive energy to their owner. Read on for more interesting facts about pets.
1. Dogs and cats can carry toxocariasis infection, which can blind humans.
2. Recently it has become fashionable to have a hummingbird as a pet.
3. Goldfish can live in room temperature water.
4. Canaries belong to the family of finches.
5. Shellfish are great for keeping at home.
6. Domestic ferrets are considered to be furious predators.
7. 95% of all owners talk to their pets.
8. Dogs have about a hundred different facial expressions.
9. Mice can make sounds that are similar to human laughter.
10. The African breed of dogs does not know how to bark.
11. About a hundred different intonations can be given to their voice by cats.
12. Rabbits are very fond of playing catch-up and hide-and-seek.
13. More than 517 muscles and 290 bones in cats.
14. Ferrets sleep more than 20 hours a day.
15. Cat’s jaws cannot move to the sides.
16. Domestic cats, communicating with each other, do not meow.
17. A special gland is located under the tail of dogs, which is responsible for smells.
18. More often female dogs bite.
19. A cat can survive by falling from a 12-story building.
20. A sign of a cat’s well-being is when the cat licks its body.
21. Only one cat out of ten is not afraid to fight with rats.
22. Yorkshire Terrier has become the world’s smallest dog that lives in the UK.
23. The smallest dog in the world has a length of more than 9 cm.
24. In 2009, the cat survived, having fallen from the 26th floor.
25. More than 19 cm is the length of the world’s smallest cat.
26. The UK criminalizes owners with obese dogs or cats.
27. The oldest goldfish in the world has lived for more than 43 years.
28. The heaviest pigeon in the world weighed about 1.8 kg.
29.36 cubs gave birth to a hamster in 1974.
30. Dalmatians are born completely white.
31. The heaviest wild boar in the world weighed over 1157 kg.
32. Dogs can sweat through the pads of their paws.
33. With the help of the ears, dogs are able to make various grimaces.
34. Dogs can produce about 10 vocal sounds.
35. Dogs are animals that do not have an appendix.
36. There are over 350 dog breeds in the world.
37. Dogs can distinguish between shades of green, yellow and blue.
38. Dogs can reach speeds of up to 30 km per hour.
39. More than 10,000 years ago, dogs were domesticated.
40. Sweat glands are completely absent in cats.
41. A cat has five toes on each front paw.
42. Cats can produce over 100 vocal sounds.
43. The speed of 19 km per hour can be developed by cats.
44. Compared to dogs, memory is better in cats.
45. A bird’s heart beats at a frequency of 400 beats per minute.
46. Large parrots live for about 75 years.
47. Only one eye at the same moment blinks hamsters.
48. Iguanas can hold their breath for up to 30 minutes.
49. 85 cubs at a time can give birth to an ordinary one.
50. A goldfish can live for 40 years.
51. Ferrets are the third most popular pet.
52. The world’s first domestic cat was an Egyptian.
53. Cats sleep about 18 hours a day.
54. Cats love to breathe fresh air.
55. For many centuries, animals have lived next to humans.
56. The dog became the first domestic animal in the world.
57. For their owners, animals are doctors.
58. Human immune functions improve after contact with pets.
59. The saliva of the dog contributes to the healing of abrasions and wounds.
60. Hunting dogs were the favorite pets of the French kings.
61. By the number of favorite pets, cats beat all records.
62. Dogs express their emotions by barking.
63. Parrots are considered very fashionable birds.
64. Fish in times of danger can hide their babies in their mouths.
65. Rodents are considered the smartest animals.
66. Hamsters like to drink a lot of alcoholic beverages.
67. A kitten fell from the 32nd floor in New York and survived.
68. About 94% of cats survive falling from a height.
69. Rabbits can weigh more than 11 kg.
70. The largest breed of St. Bernard dogs can weigh more than 140 kg.
71. The height of the tallest dog in the world was 111 cm.
72.The smallest horse in the world is more than 35 cm tall.
73. The smallest horse in the world has lived for more than 38 years.
74. More than 34 cm is the length of the ear of the longest-eared dog in the world.
75. The most agile dog in the world is the mestizo labrador and collie.
76. Labrador in the USA is recognized as the most popular dog breed.
77. Forked nose in a rare Turkish dog breed.
78. The faithful helpers of Hungarian shepherds are the ball dogs.
79. Cats of the Turkish breed just love to swim.
80. Multi-colored eyes in cats of the Thai breed.
81. Friendship and joy of a dog are expressed with the help of a tail.
82. The most famous horse in the world is called Eclipse.
83. Cats live on average for 14 years.
84. The oldest cat in the world has lived for over 36 years.
85. The smallest cat in the world weighed one kilogram.
86. The fattest cats in the world weigh over 21 kg.
87. In the middle of the 20th century, there was a fashion for domestic mini-penguins.
88. Jaco’s parrots know about 300 words.
89. Only with a thermometer can you determine the true temperature of a cat or dog.
90. The normal working temperature for a cat is 38 degrees.
91. In complete darkness, a cat can navigate with the help of its whiskers.
92. Female dogs attack people more often.
93. Snakes can sleep for three years in a row.
94. The number of bee swarms is within 60,000 individuals.
95. A cow chews grass continuously for more than 8 hours a day.
96. A cow can perform more than 90 chewing movements per minute.
97. From 2 million flowers, bees need to collect pollen to create 1 kg of honey.
98. A queen bee lays about 1500 eggs every day.
99. In 1987, a German shepherd dog caught a jaguar who had escaped from a zoo.
100. In 2005, scientists managed to clone a dog for the first time.